The Beau Nuage Quality
Backpack made in France
Produced entirely in the Loire region in France the Beau Nuage backpack has been cleverly designed to respond to the demands of modern life whilst remaining effortlessly elegant. The factory we work with has been producing bags for the greatest French luxury brands.
Foldable umbrellas are usually badly designed and unable to survive in strong winds. This short lifespan is often the result of poor quality materials and manufacturing.
In order to avoid these problems the materials are chosen meticulously and the production process is controlled on a daily basis. The Beau Nuage team pays special attention to quality, with each umbrella being checked individually before delivery.
The drying technology which is currently being patented incorporates three layers:
- Absorbent Microfiber – The inner "absorption" layer contains a special microfiber fabric. As suggested by its name, microfiber consists of extremely fine fibers - typically they are a few micrometers large, that is 8 times finer than cotton or 100 times finer than a strand of hair. It is able to retain up to 10 times its weight in water thanks to its particular density.
- Waterproof Material - An intermediate layer made of a water repellent material with a dual function. This layer not only enables the outer layer to stay dry by preventing the rain drops from coming through, it also pulls the water towards the microfiber in order to ventilate it and dry it effectively.
- Impermeable Polyester – The outer layer is made of polyester, which has been specially altered to be both rigid, soft and hydrophobic in order to prevent raindrops from leaking through the cover.
The umbrella is built with strong and innovating materials:
- The handle is made from GEL: the ergonomic design allows the handle to adapt to the shape of your hand, giving you a comfortable and firm grip, even in the wettest conditions.
- The aluminium and steel shaft is durable, unbendable and lightweight.
- The fiberglass ribs are flexible which eases the pressure on the stainless steel and nickel junctions. These materials and design optimize the ribs resistance to strong winds and helps to prevent the umbrella from turning inside out.
- The material on the canopy is thicker than that on the standard umbrella - with 200 threads/po2 instead of 190/po2 - its TEFLON coating also repels water more effectively.